Plant Your Seed
A magic elixir that helps us lose weight?
What if there was a magic elixir that helps us lose weight… would we drink it?
The magic elixir? Water.
78% of us don’t drink the USDA recommended amount of water. We are either “too busy” or “don’t remember” to drink it. Water is plentiful, very inexpensive, and has tremendous health benefits. Some of the benefits are improved energy, memory, and mood.
What does water have to do with losing weight?
Drinking H2O can be one of the easiest ways to control your weight. It can help in three ways:
1. Filling up on fluids suppresses appetite.
2. Having plenty of liquids boosts metabolism.
3. Helps the kidneys to filter toxins and waste while the organ retains essential nutrients and electrolytes.
Now that we know water can help us lose weight, how do we remember to drink it?
Here are three ways to drink more water:
1. Before meals - Drink 16oz of water just before eating a meal. That’s the same as a Grande at Starbucks.
2. When you wake up - Our body has been asleep for hours and needs water when we wake.
3. Use a marked water bottle - having a fun, visual way to see how we are doing is one of the best ways to stick with something.
Once you start with these three simple steps your body will start to crave more water... you will be drinking more water and losing weight in no time!
What are some of your favorite ways to drink more water? Leave a comment below!